Monday, November 14, 2011

The mother in law

A wise man told me and my husband before we got married, to not let ANYONE interfere with our married life.
I have the best mother-in-law in the world. I truly believe this. She is kind and really cares about me.
Many women do not like their mother-in-law, the secret to getting along is RESPECT.
Before getting married the respect must be established, it's not very hard just play by her rules. The truth is, all mothers want is a good woman for their son. All we have to do is prove to them that we are good women.
Many may ask, WHY do I need to prove HER something, I am marrying her son not her. Getting along with his mother is healthier for the couples relationship and easier for him, he doesn't have to be torn apart from the two women he most loves.
Here are some tips:
1. Remember her Birthday, Mother's Day etc.
   It's important to show her YOU care about her.
2. Talk to her
   Find out what she likes, and enjoy having a conversation every so often
3. Show her that you are there
     If she needs something she can count on you

And most importantly:
 Do not ever make the mistake of fighting, arguing with her.
Some mother-in-laws like to point things out, just don't say anything.
Its better to swallow whatever was coming out.

I love my mother-in-law. Sometimes she does little things like any other person. But I respect her greatly.

So I leave you with the quote in mind:
Once blessed with a wonderful mother, I am twice blessed with my mother-in-law.

No comments: