Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A glass of water

Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots.  ~Hoosier Farmer

When my husband gets home and I hear him moving around the cabinets, my head immediately feels hot. Ever time that my husband gets thirsty he gets a new clean glass out of the cabinet. In about four hours, the apartment is filled with glasses half full of water. I constantly remind him to use the same one but he "forgets", and I can't help but feel desperate of picking up after him. 
What do you do in order for your man to change his ways? 
Is it even possible for him to change?

I have received various advice from friends.
One told me that I should buy disposable cups and eventually he will realize that every time he gets a new cup he is wasting his money.
Another told me to speak to him make him understand that its not fair that he uses so many glasses in one day.
Yet if I take the quote in consideration, its telling me to overlook the situation. That love should make me wash those glasses without complain. It puts me to think, how many things does my husband overlook of me? Things that annoy him and bother him? Yet, he loves me so he "sings, while mopping the dirty floor I'VE stepped on".

What would you do?

No comments: