Sunday, November 13, 2011

Before the I DO...

So, about marriage?
It's not completely what I expected. It's complicated. I'm happy, but marriage is not something you can just glide through. It's something that has to be fed every single day.
There are some people that take marriage very (blah). Especially celebrities, I've read about so many of them that just go through 3 or 4 months and divorce appears. To me marriage is sacred.

So, if your planning to get married, remember its not only about the beautiful dress and ceremony its more than that.

I was taught that if you want to get married, you have to make sure to choose the right man, because marriage is not something to play with.

So I will say this,

1. Make sure you KNOW the man.
What's his temper like?
Is he sensitive and open?
Or is he closed up?

2. Be HONEST
It's important for a couple who's going to share their life together to be honest with each  other. A single secret can cost your happiness. It might seem exaggerated but some people  are not forgiving.

3. Don't leave IMPORTANT issues for later
Babies?
Careers?
Religion?

5. Make sure you LOVE the man, and HE loves YOU.
Only love will be able to cover the faults both of you have.

So, I may not be very experienced BUT, all my life I've been surrounded by marriages that survive the first year and go on to celebrate from their 50th anniversary to their 60th and till death separates them.

So I leave you with this:

Strike an average between what a woman thinks of her husband a month before she marries him and what she thinks of him a year afterward, and you will have the truth about him. ~H.L. Mencken, A Book of Burlesques, 1916

No comments: